We are looking for a part time kitchen assistant to join our team
2-4 days per week
Flexible working times
Shift Morning/Afternoon (Full Day)
- Assisting the Chef Manager/ Deputy Chef with tasks designated to them by the Chef Manager/ Deputy Chef.
- Working towards – Delivering/serving the evening meal, which is prepared by the Chef/ Deputy Chef.
- Ensuring that any necessary preparation is made for the next day.
Working towards – Assisting the Chef Manager/ Deputy Chef with simple cooking tasks.
- Washing up and ensuring that the kitchen is clean.
The team is responsible for maintaining hygiene in the kitchen. Specific jobs of the team include:
Cleaning the kitchen floor and generally wiping down.
Keeping the cleaning schedule up to date
Cleaning fridges and freezers.
Cleaning the ovens / grills / fryers.
Emptying the refuse bags.
Ensuring that stores are checked and appropriately stacked on the shelves.
- Conducting all procedures within the kitchen with due regard to the Food Hygiene, Health and Safety legislation, Emergency and Fire procedures.
Undertaking any additional training and development programmes the Home may consider appropriate in order to enhance your contribution to the work at this home.
- Attending any team meetings or other meetings as required.
Reviewing on a regular basis the job description for your post and to agree any changes. To be up to date on, and follow, the relevant procedures contained in the Home’s Policies and Procedures file as they affect your job and its responsibilities. Equal Opportunities To be accountable to the Chef Manager/ Deputy Chef for all areas of your duties and responsibilities This accountability will be expressed through:
Tradstir Limited T/A Sycamore Court is a company which consistently and positively celebrates differences that we have as people. This Home, in its policy and training, describes what we can expect of each other in our conduct. In your job, we expect you to make the fair treatment of colleagues and of those whom we serve a priority.
- Policies and Procedures
Regular one to one and team meetings with the Chef and other members of the team.
An annual appraisal meeting at which personal targets will be set and monitored.
Salary £7.25 to £7.50 per hours